Maple toasted coconut chips are like magic…they take five minutes to make and you end up with the most delicious treat. Seriously, anyone can make them, no matter how much, or how little you cook.
Coconuts have become such a craze lately. Personally, I like to use every possible coconut product; coconut water, milk, oil, flakes, aminos, flour, butter…all amazing, and so good for you!
When buying coconut flakes, make sure to buy ones that are unsweetened with no other added preservatives. Coconut flakes are full of fiber, healthy fats, and low in carbs and sugar. They are also full of good for you vitamins and minerals like manganese that helps metabolize fat and protein, promotes stable blood sugar level and supports our nervous system. Coconuts are an amazing anti-inflammatory food that really helps support a strong immune system.
Ok, are you ready for the magic? You put coconut flakes in a pan…you mix it around for a few minutes until it gets a little toasty, you pour maple syrup on top, you mix it for 2 more min, and magic! You have the most incredible maple toasted coconut chips. Amazing, right? I’ve been eating these on everything lately. They make a great topping for smoothies, oatmeal and yogurt, or are a great snack by itself. They are super crunchy, have just enough sweetness, and are super delicious. Hope you enjoy the magic!
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2-3 tbs pure maple syrup, depends how sweet you like it
- Toast coconut flakes on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Flakes will start to get brown and toasted looking.
- Pour maple syrup over them. The pan will sizzle, and it will smell delicious.
- Mix to coat flakes, and continue to mix for two more minutes or until they look nice and toasted.
- Let cool and enjoy.